Talking to children about online safety
The best way to keep children safe online is by regularly talking about their online safety. The NSPCC has provided advice for how to tackle this as they have found that many parents find this difficult. The key headlines are:
- Talk to your child regularly and openly.
- Explore sites and apps together.
- Ask about things they might see online which make them feel uncomfortable.
- Talk about how they can stay safe on social networks.
- Reassure them that you won't overreact and you are just looking out for them.
- Talk about being share aware, what is ok to put online and what is not.
- The website also provides advice for common questions, queries and worries that parents commonly have.
For more information and advice, go to: