Design & Technology
Our DT topics.
- To instil a curiosity of how things are constructed and made.
- To develop an interest into different areas of DT and the process involved in making a final product.
- To encourage children to be independent thinkers when choosing how to carry out their own DT work.
- To encourage children to be critical thinkers in order to evaluate both existing products and their own final DT work.
- To develop skills needed when choosing appropriate tools for the task using tools to produce a final product.
- To relate our learning in DT to real life and look for opportunities where learnt skills can be used.
In every year group we have 3 main elements of the DT curriculum; Food Technology, card/wood work and textiles.
There are 3 elements to the teaching and learning process for DT in each year group and are as follows:
- Planning and Design
- Materials to create and make.
Here is the progression of skills grid to show our expectations for our DT curriculum in each year group: