Multimedia & Computing
Computing Statement of Intent
Computing provides our children with the skills and knowledge needed to use technology to express themselves and develop ideas so that they can become productive and active participants in a digital world.
Through the use of computing and multimedia studies in the curriculum we aim to help pupils become knowledgeable about the nature of information, gain confidence with a range of technology and have the ability to fulfil their potential. We seek to promote the use of multimedia within all subjects as well as a subject in its own right.
Our aims for computing are:
- To provide an exciting, rich, relevant and challenging computing curriculum for all pupils.
- To enthuse and equip children with the capability to use technology throughout their lives.
- To give children access to a variety of high quality hardware and software.
- To instil critical thinking, reflective learning and a positive attitude for all of our pupils when engaging with technology and its associated resources.
- To teach children to become responsible, respectful and competent users of data, information and communication technology.
- To equip pupils with the skills, strategies and knowledge that will enable them to reap the benefits of the online world.
- To provide pupils with strategies that allow them to minimise risk to themselves and others when using technology.
Below is our skills progression for Computing.