At Prospect Hill Junior School, we believe that high-quality language learning within our curriculum should inspire the children to become familiar with learning another language. It should give them the opportunities to speak, read and write in another language other than English. In our school’s case this language is French. Our MFL curriculum should immerse the children in resources rich in showing them written forms of the language and also oral forms e.g. video clips, sound files to enhance their knowledge of pronunciation.
- To instil in the children a curiosity of other languages alongside their native language.
- To develop an interest in the culture of another country.
- To encourage a respect for other areas of the world with a different language and culture to their own.
- To learn grammatical rules within the chosen language (French)
- To be immersed in sound/video resources that promote good pronunciation of words and phrases.
- To give the children the opportunity to read and write in the chosen language. (French)
- To equip the children with the skills and confidence to use this language when necessary in the real world.