Our Geography topics
Our aims for history are:
- To instil in the children a curiosity and understanding of events, places and people in various times and environments.
- To develop an interest in the past and an appreciation of human achievements and aspirations.
- To learn about the major events and changes in the history of our own country, and of the world, and how these events may have influenced our lives in Modern Britain.
- To develop a knowledge of chronology within which the children can organise their understanding of the past.
- To understand how the past was different from the present, with focus on people’s change in values and attitudes.
- To engage children in the process of enquiry by equipping them with the skills required to interpret primary and secondary source materials.
- To encourage children to form their own opinions on historical events and issues and be able to clearly explain their reasoning.
There is a Geography focus each term for each year group.
Our local town: Worksop
Cities close to us: Sheffield and York
Volcanoes and earthquakes
European countries and their capitals
Seas and oceans of the world
Looking after our Oceans
Our local transport links
Rivers in Britain
World's rivers and deserts
British cities and ports
North and South America
Rainforests and deforestation